For more information call the City of Jacksonville directly: (904) 255-7800.
- The Building Inspection Division is responsible for vertical construction permitting, building inspections, inspections of permitted construction, and floodplain management.
- The Current Planning Division is responsible for zoning interpretation and review of zoning applications; Administrative Deviations, Exceptions, Variances, Waivers, Conventional Rezonings, and Planned Unit Development (PUDs).
- The Community Planning Division is responsible for the Comprehensive Plan, land use amendments, Developments of Regional Impact (DRIs), historic preservation, and neighborhood planning.
- The Development Services Division handles site plan review, addressing, right-of-way permitting, transportation planning, concurrency/mobility, and other issues.
- The Housing and Community Development Division administers local, state and federal funds designated for housing and community development. The Division plans, develops and implements programs and activities that meet identified needs in the community such as home ownership, rental and owner-occupied housing rehabilitation, public facilities and improvements and assistance to the homeless and persons with HIV/AIDS. Programs managed by the Housing and Community Development Division include: Community Development, Home Buyer Assistance, Home Repair Assistance, Affordable Housing Assistance and Housing Counseling Assistance. For more information, contact (904) 255-8200
Land Use and Zoning Application Portal
This portal allows on-line submittal of Land Use and Zoning Applications, related planner administration, case tracking and case documentation. Click here to go to the Land Use and Zoning Application Portal.